Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Boat Club and Corn Dog Muffins

There wasn't a big turnout for Boat Club this month, too much other stuff going on in RL for everyone, but as always we enjoyed some superb food, and some fun dishes. 
I did play it safe and made my Mini Corn Dog Muffins again, but to a different crowd and they were well received.   Actually, I have to admit to just wanting to perfect this recipe and I think I did.  It's flavorful, and fun. This time round I added an extra 1/2 cup sour cream to the buttermilk, and that made it so moist.   Next step is to try to fry the corn dogs instead of baking them.  Maybe, in the meantime, I only had a few left over and they are now residing in my freezer, ready to shine as a quick lunch or snack for moi.   Hey, if I can't have fun with my food, who can?

At any rate, we had a really cool savoury cheesecake, and Karen has promised me the recipe, so as soon she shares, I'll post it here.

Next up was a wonderful cooling, refreshing, snow pea salad, topped with a light vinagrette and pine nuts.  Most of us really loved that.

I wish I had Quinn's touch with the ham, it was so tender and flavourful.

We also had some wonderful Deviled Eggs, I love them, and so does everyone else.

and yummy Chicken Enchilada roll ups.  Gotta get the recipe for these as well.   Nice and spicy, my kinda food.


That's it for this month, I'm sure next month will be well attended and I'll have to eat more.  Sigh, you know I have to taste everything, and let you know what I think.   



Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.