Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Super Bowl Ideas

Super Bowl Sunday is coming up fast, and if you're going to be going to a party, you don't want to come empty handed.  So here are a few ideas...

Bologna CakeHow about a Bologna Cake, you could have a lot of fun decorating it.    I've made it for various parties, and it is very easy to decorate with a theme in mind.

Bologna Cake













Or the ever popular Meatballs in Chili/grape sauce, so many variations on this are around.   I tasted one made with cranberry sauce last year and it was yummy.
Meatballs and Mini Sausages



Buffalo Bites are a nice twist on the traditional wings, and no messy bones to get rid of.   And it's so darn easy as well.
Buffalo Bites


Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms are always a crowd pleaser.
Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms













Or how about a bowl of Marinated Olives?   Throw in some cubes of Feta Cheese for a total sensory explosion in your mouth.
 Sorry, couldn't resist typing that.
Marinated Olives

















The Tomato Bites I made awhile back
disappeared fast, so I think they might be a good choice as well. 
Tomato Bites



Here are just a few possibilities for 'THE BIG DAY',  I'll come up with a few more ideas for you.

Just in case you're needing inspiration, that is.  
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.