Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Jar Key, my newest toy, tool.

I'm so excited, had to share this with everyone.   

I get gift certificates to Amazon and tend to bank them up until I get enough to buy something off of my wish list. 

I had been looking for these Jar Key's for a long time in stores, and for some reason didn't think of looking on Amazon for them until a couple of weeks ago.  One of the reason's that I'd been looking for them,was that my cousin's husband invented them,  and they sell them all over Europe.

Here's their link if you want to check them out,  Brix Design   And I was curious as well.  

So I ordered one, got it, used it and then bought some more to use as gifts.

This is amazing.   You use it to lever the lid til the lid pops the vacuum seal, then just unscrew the jar.   And...
The jar is resealable. 
No more tapping the lid, or whacking it, or trying to find someone who has strong hands to open that jar.  (and no more broken jars cause you hit the counter just a tad too hard and the jar slipped out of your hand and shattered in a sticky mess on the tile floor. No idea how that one happened.)

Nope, just pop and it's done.  

And these little guys come in colors as well.   My first one, was white, but then I found a red one, and orange one and a yellow one and another orange one, giggle.  

I'm just going to show the picture of the white one here, and then go look for some more jars to open.  
Well, at least I'll keep the Jarkey handy.

It's going right there with some other essentials in my kitchen, like, the corkscrew and can opener and .....

  I'll be reviewing the other toys, tools as well soon.   
 **updated to add:  The current Jarkey I have is a pretty red one, cause a friend admired the white one and I in the nature of generosity gave it to her.  
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.