Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tapas for May

We had our monthly Tapas Night last night and despite it being the Memorial Day weekend, we still had a few people come and the food offerings were all over the place.   Which is the fun part of Tapas night, seeing what people make and bring.  

And my camera malfunctioned, OK, so it was the person operating the camera and I managed to take a couple of pictures that were so blurry I had trouble making out what it was I took the original picture of.   One of which was a potato salad which had a nice little bite to it courtesy of some Cholula sauce.   I just love it when I get great ideas like that.   The salad was presented in a beautiful wooden bowl, but as I said, I have no idea how, but the picture was BLURRY.  I know, it was all the camera's fault, not the operator.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 Black Bean Dip and Chips.   Very good.  And as you can see on the plate, I got pictures after several people had already sampled this dip, and yes, I was one of them.
 Fruit, and gotta say there was not much left at the end of the night.


Stuffed Jalapeno's and they were very good and disappeared rapidly.    I did manage to snag and taste one before they all were eaten.
 This is the Racetrack Casserole (Chicken Tortilla Casserole) dish I made a while ago and we decided it would be great as Chicken Taco fillings and we were right. 




To the left is the Blue Cheese Chips I made and I will share the recipe later on.  You know I have to try at least one new recipe per gathering. 
 A coleslaw with kidney beans, and it was very good.   A little different, but that's the fun part of having Tapas night, we get to try new stuff.
 I had made some Rye Bread earlier in the week and had some really good Pickled Herring in the fridge so, gee, the Danish side of me came out.   I still have a few pieces of herring left and some of the bread.   I see a nice cold glass of Aquavit and a Carlsburg beer for lunch along with the herring. giggle
 Haricot Verts with Black Sesame seeds.  I had a couple of servings of this.  And Harriet was generous enough to share the recipe.   So, I'll share it here.  She parcooked the beans, then added some Tahini paste, a little chile oil along with some sesame seed oil, and the black sesame seeds.  And topped it with some toasted almonds.   I am so going to make this for myself. 
 Couscous Salad filled with tomatoes, and Feta and Kalamata olives and other great stuff.   I do love Salads like this.
 A quinoa salad on one side and some chicken salad on the other side.   Very nice, and I don't know who brought this dish.  








Below some smoked fish dip and you would not believe how good it tasted on the home made rye bread.
 Can't forget dessert, some awesome brownies were brought and enjoyed.
 Cookies are always popular.
This was a Lemon bread pudding made with some sourdough bread and some gluten free bread and topped with raspberry sauce.  Yummy.












I have to say, with the variety of foods brought, if you couldn't find something to eat, it was your problem, just kidding.  

I love having Tapas Night, I get to visit with people, manage to meet new people every month and I get to make fun foods.   It's just a win/win/win situation.  


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.