Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tapas Night for June

I think I've recovered from last night.  Well, I washed all the wine glasses and put them away, the only food that was left was a yummy lemon cake and it is now residing in my freezer.  I had two slices of the Ramp and Mushroom Tart left over, which will make a nice breakfast for me tomorrow. 
So I guess I just have to give the wrap up of the party last night.    We had fun, but then again we always do. 

Good friends, good food, what more do you really need?   Other than me sharing pictures of the delicious dishes that were brought and shared. 

 I'm such a sucker for cream cheese balls, and this was awesome.   I've not had one with chipped beef on it for years.   This was courtesy of our new neighbor and I can tell that she's a great addition to the neighborhood, and of course to our Tapas nights.
 Remember the Asier I made, well Frances still has a lot of cucumbers in her garden, and she brought this yummy cucumber salad.   It was so good.   And see that little silver dish to the right at the back of the picture?  Well it has some candied ginger in it, and we discovered that a little bit of candied ginger on top of the salad made for really interesting taste combination.    Really, it did.   I liked it. 
 Then there was this broccoli/ cauliflower salad with a really yummy dressing.    I went back for seconds, but the bowl was empty.

 Such a pretty platter, and the prosciutto and mozzarella rollups disappeared fast.   OK, so I helped.  
 I think I've said this before but I love pasta salads, and this one was so good and looked so pretty.   My picture doesn't do it justice.   Brenda makes great food.   
 Robin brought her Chile Relleno casserole, and I noticed she had an empty plate before too long.   This really is good.  
 Debbie called this a Rainy Day Potato Salad, probably cause it rained most of yesterday and she wasn't able to go outside and garden all day.  
 Cuban Sandwiches.   Nuff said.   Nona brought these and they disappeared fast.   Something just so satisfying about these, and good. 
Harriet always brings fun stuff.    She called these guys  ' Carrabelle Sushi'.   Little tuna and rice rolls in cucumber.   Aren't they fun?  And tasty as well. 










I made two tarts.  One was a repeat from a few months ago, a Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Tart and the other incorporated the Ramps Leon gave me last week.  I'll be posting that recipe in a day or so.







I also made some Wings, and put out some of the Asier I made as well as some Sandwich meat.


















I got a shot of the table and some of the many offerings.   As you can see, all the dishes brought were pretty popular.









And I can't forget the desserts.  
 A fruit crumble that Kathy brought.   She always brings fun stuff.   And it tastes good too, which is even more important.    
A totally awesome apple cake.  The apples were cooked inside the cake in a layer.  Really good.










Jon brought his famous dark chocolate fudge.   Which I neglected to get a shot of, but I have one from my archives so here it is. 












So there you have it, great friends, good food, and wonderful night again.   And just think I get to repeat this again in a month.    Well, the Tapas night part, not the food.    

Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.