Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tapas for July

Despite the fact that it was a rainy, and I do mean rainy, night last night, we had a lovely crowd come.    Of course it could have been because everyone had a touch of cabin fever.  There has been a lot of rain here the past few weeks.   Nah, they came cause they knew it would be a great time.   We've had about 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, and I think most of that came down as people were arriving.  

 We had some unscheduled entertainment, a water pipe broke outside so we were without water for part of the night, but that didn't faze anyone too much.  At least not those of us who were inside.   The guys outside trying to cap the pipe in the rain weren't having much fun, but... Life Happens.

A lot of good food was brought and eaten, I made some Spring Rolls as well as some Egg Rolls, but I'll tell you about them in another post.

Baby Bok Choy, poached with a rice wine vinaigrette made by moi.   They all get eaten, but I did sneak one before I took the picture. 
Caprese Tomatoes, so good.   YUM   And I now have the recipe.   :)   Guess who's got Plum Tomatoes on a shopping list?  That would be me.  
And I'm so mad at myself.  I made these yummy Spring Rolls, and this is the only shot I got of the finished rolls. sigh.  They disappeared in short order though.  
Whoever came up with Pimento Cheese was a genius, always good.
Stuffed Jalapeno's.   HOT!!!! and so good.   I managed to get one, but when I went back for seconds, they were gone.










Deviled Eggs, I got to take their picture, but before I got back to taste them, they'd been eaten.  sigh.











Spinach Salad with a hot bacon dressing.   Sooo good.   I really love Spinach Salad and why I don't make it for myself I'll never know.   This is going on my to do list.  Make Spinach Salad. 
 Egg Rolls  I will be sharing the recipe soon. 
 Fish Dip.   Another one of those dishes I got introduced to here in the South.   And so glad of the introduction. 









Roasted Potatoes with an Aoili Sauce.  So good.   (Don't tell anyone but I put of the sauce on a spoon and just ate that)  I think I see this Aoili sauce in my very near future.   And yes the picture is blurry,  but at least I got one.    

 Just a few of the offerings last night.
 Potato Salad,  I managed to snag a taste, and look at that pretty bowl.  
 More stuffed Jalapeno's.   Gotta say I was a happy camper last night.   I do love Jalapenos.
 This was a Pineapple/Cream Cheese spread.   Very nice, of course anytime you put those two together, I'll eat them.
 Pickled Shrimp.   As you can tell by the picture, they disappeared fast.    The dish was full when I went to get my camera, by the time I got back (15 steps in all), this is what remained.   I did get a taste though.  Really good. 
More Deviled Eggs.   As you can tell, they are a popular item.
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms.   I must get this recipe.   Luscious, and I could have eaten more.   Really. 
Curried Vegetables.   The bowl was licked clean, but I managed to get a taste.   I do love Curry.
Fruit Salad.   My picture does not do it justice.   It was so good. 











 And we finish off with Dessert.   Of course.   This was very popular, I did see people devouring it.  I did not however get a taste.  sigh.
These looked so good, but they also disappeared.  I think they were Turtle Brownies.  And how clever to put them in cupcake papers.   So easy to grab and eat.









So there you have it.  Well, with one exception.  There was another dessert but the picture I took of it was so blurry you could not make out what it was.   It was a Banana Cake.   And I was told it was also very good.


We get such a wonderful variety of foods here, and it's always good.   I love doing Tapas Night.   I get to play with food and then I get to try new stuff all the time.

Have fun with your food.  
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.