Saturday, May 31, 2014

Boat Club for April

You might have noticed I didn't post anything about our Boat Club Potluck in April.

You didn't?

OK...

Well, I wasn't there so wasn't able to write about it or more importantly, was not able to take pictures.

Luckily for me, I have a friend.

Actually  I have lots of friends, but this one friend did go to Boat Club and she took her camera with her, and took pictures for me.   And the next time I saw her, which was at Tapas last month, she handed me the camera card and I downloaded the pictures, and then lost them.

Not exactly lost, they were saved somewhere on my hard drive, and every search I made to find them, was a failure.  And I spend hours doing searches and well...

Then today, I was cleaning up the hard drive, moving stuff around and guess what I found?

The pictures from Boat Club in April.

So, even though I didn't get to eat any of it, I can at least see what was brought and share it here, with you.

Again, I want to thank Donna who took all the pictures.
 There were Deviled Eggs and I'm sure they disappeared fast.
 There was Ham..
 There was a Pasta Salad, and I'm sorry I missed that.  
 Quiche, two ways.    Which makes me think I need to make some Quiche soon.  Or at least as soon as it cools down outside.
 And here's the other Quiche.
Those veggies look so good, wish I'd been able to sample them.








And of course desserts were well represented.   Ever get the feeling that we have a sweet tooth down here?
 These look so good, I bet they were.
 April is Easter month and there were some eggs, and maybe they were hard cooked?  Ummm, I guess I need to find out, but the colors looked like they would fit in here.
 Pineapple.  Don't see the toothpick holder anywhere.
 Brownies and Danish, looked yummy.
And then this.   Last but not least.     I don't know what it was, but OMG it looked good.








So there you have it.  A roundup of the great dishes brought by some of the great cooks in our area.

Even if I didn't get to taste any of it. 
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.