Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pork Tenderloin with Herbs

One of the best parts of visiting family, is not only getting to visit and talk and visit and talk, but the food.  My family are all great cooks, and I get to try a lot of new foods usually when I visit.
My last visit with them was pre-blog days, so while I enjoyed the food, I didn't really pay as much attention to the recipes.  I did take home some recipes the last time.
This time however, I was a bit obnoxious with my picture taking.

Not really, cause they know I'm a little nuts about food and preparing and eating and ...

One night for dinner my sister prepared a really simple, and oh so delicious meal.  She took a pork tenderloin and laid on its side.  Cut a large slit in the side,making a pocket and stuffed that with a few chopped fresh herbs from her garden.  Just some oregano and parsley. 

She then sauteed it in a pan, just to brown it, and put it into the oven at 425 deg. for about 25 minutes.

Took it out, made a little pan gravy from the saute pan and the pan she cooked it on in the oven.


And we had it for dinner.   She  served it with some green beans and cauliflower that she'd cooked together as well as new potatoes and a chunk of crusty bread. 


I was in heaven I tell you.   And I'm heading to the big city in a couple of days and I'm picking up a couple of Pork Tenderloins so I can recreate the meal.

I guess I probably need beans and cauliflower and new potatoes and bread as well. 

I'll share all how I did it when I make it.  
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.