Thursday, October 2, 2014

Halloween's almost here...

I get so excited about Halloween.  I get to dress up in silly costumes, make fun foods and generally just enjoy myself.

I've done a few Halloween themed posts in the past, and I thought before I get going on any new ones, for this year, that I would do a recap of some of my favourites.

Spider Cake and eggs
I made a Spider Web cake, well, it was a decorated Bologna Cake, which was not only fun to make and take, but it tastes good too, and you if you have a spider web, you need Spider Eggs.
One year I made a spider out of bread dough and served with a bowl of Marinara sauce for dipping.
Bread Spider


Mice and Crunchy Eyeballs and some Gummy Worms
Mice
Crunchy Eyeballs
Add caption

 Tate's Hell Eggs one year  using Sriracha Sauce and a little Sambal Oelek for spice.  They were tasty.
Tate's Hell Eggs


And one of my favourites, is 'Eyeball' Stew.   I like using small onions in this and call them 'eyeballs', besides which, the stew just plain tastes good anyway. 
Eyeball Stew
So there is my little recap of some of the fun stuff I've made and taken pictures of for Halloween. 

Stay tuned for more great Halloween ideas...

Well, more ideas of what to make for Halloween. 
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.