Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dessert Roundup for 2014

Sarah at Fantastical Recipes thought it would be fun for we members of the Secret Recipe Club to do a round up of some of our recipes that we've made over the past year.   Check her out here.   She's got all the recipes and links there.



I wasn't going to participate in the Dessert Round Up, cause I didn't think I'd made that many dessert recipes this past year. 

 And then I counted them up.

I had made a few sweet things, well, more than a few actually. 

I got to try some new techniques, new recipes, and revisit some old favourites.  

Here are just a few:

Nutty Chocolately  Coconut Marshmallows
I made these back in February, and I still think they are a fun thing to do.

Nutty Chocolately  Coconut Marshmallows


And then there was the Bread Pudding I made from some leftover Soda Bread.  
Bread Pudding from Soda Bread



Rødgrød med Fløde 
   Rødgrød med Fløde

My Danish side came out one day when I found
 some Rhubarb in the store and I had to make this.


And then there was also this made from Rhubarb as well.
Rhubarb Pudding
Rabarbergrød

Rhubarb pudding.   See how pretty it looked?  I just remembered I still have a little left in the freezer, hmmm, I wonder how it will go with some æbleskiver?


I attempted to recreate a recipe for a friend and judging by how eagerly everyone ate it, I guess it was a success.  
Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting
Fresh Apple Cake with Caramel Frosting

And I have to admit it did taste good.   Messy, but good.







And I finally tried my hand at a real Kringle.   And it was a success.   But I'm so going to need to practice making more of them... 
Kringle

OK, so I'm looking for an excuse to make more, can't just do it for myself.

Or can I? 


I've been making Banana Pudding for a few years now, cause it's one of the most popular desserts here in the south and everyone needs a fool proof Banana Pudding recipe.   Mine isn't fool proof yet, I'm still tinkering with it.


Banana Pudding


 I even made my self a Kiksekage for my birthday this year.
Warning on this though, if you don't like rich chocolate, don't make it.
Kiksekage

It is so rich and so good, and I think I need to make this again, soon.




And since I like to experiment in the kitchen I even tried my hand at some Gluten Free Cream Puffs.
You know, they were actually very good.   And they all got eaten that day.
Gluten Free Cream Puffs


Nutty Persimmon Cake



A friend gave me some lovely Persimmons and I tried making a Nutty Persimmon Cake from them.   Could not believe how good it was.




And last but not least, and even though the bird and I ate all of them, I think there 4 in all, but...  I'm planning on making these again and sharing them next time, and not just with the bird either.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Tarts
Cranberry Cream Cheese Tarts


Just a few of the goodies I made this past year, and shared, mostly, but it's all good.

I had fun in the kitchen.  


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great selection. I am especially intrigued with the Kringle. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had fun compiling them, and ummm, eating them as well. The Kringle is tricky, but once you master the folding and rolling and very important, the resting in between part, it's really not that hard to do. And then you get to eat it, which I think is the best part.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.