Friday, January 16, 2015

Senior Lunch 1/15

Another week, another Senior Center Lunch and I'm tired. 

But it's a good tired.   It's a long day of cooking, but so worth it.

I like being able to feed a lot of people, a good balanced meal, especially one that they clean their plates over.

Clean plates means that the food was tasty.   And when someone stops by to tell me that they appreciated the meal, that's just icing on the cake.

Our menu yesterday was:
Baked Chicken
Roasted Potatoes with Onions and Peppers
Green Beans
Carrot Souffle
Rolls and Desserts

I started off by baking two chocolate cakes, then made some Custard Sauce to go over them, I also made a carrot cake and Sarge made a large Bread Pudding.
There wasn't a scrap of dessert left.

OK, so there was one piece of carrot cake left, but it was the one that I totally messed up cutting.

Here's a few pictures of the food.
 Desserts, ready to be put out
 Bread Pudding, ready for cutting.
 Baked Chicken
 Roasted Potatoes
 Carrot Souffle
 Green Beans
 A little chicken gravy
 Hot Rolls
And the Desserts.













That's it for this week, I've got to go and rest now. 

Well, I did rest yesterday afternoon when it was all over with. 

Until the next time...

Actually, next week we're doing a reprise of the New Years menu, with the addition of a different meat.

Black Eye peas
Collard Greens
Rice
Pork Roast.
Cornbread


And I forgot to add a HUGE THANK YOU to all the volunteers who not only did the dishes, but helped set up the tables, and gave us a hand in the kitchen.  
We could not do it without all of you.

Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.