Sunday, January 25, 2015

Tapas for January...

We had a crowd last night, but that is usual for us for Tapas Night.  What isn't usual is that the majority of the guests went straight from here to listen to a friend of ours perform at a local venue.
Including us.  

Debi Jordan is a talented singer who gives a lot of herself and it's always a good show.   She's known for also sharing her talents to help raise money for great causes locally.
So we all ended up listening to Debi sing which was a great ending for a nice evening.

And a lot of great food was brought and eaten last night.    I made Pork Brochettes, Mushroom Hummus and Twisty Breadsticks, along with a really yummy Hot Goat Cheese Pizza Dip, and some Marinated Olives with Feta.   And you know I'll be sharing the recipes for them a little later on.   I kinda got carried away, but that's not new.



We had the gamut of foods, and I wish I could have sampled everything, but I was busy visiting.  And having fun, and, well, gee, it was my party, and I can have fun if I want to.

I love platters like this one, there's a little something for everyone.
Even if the photographer doesn't, ummm, get the shot from the right angle.










There were these yummy little bites, and I had to sample a couple trying to figure out what was in them.



These are some of  my offerings, from the left, the Pork Brochettes, then the Mushroom Hummus, and some Marinated Olives with Feta.
I took this shot just before we had the major influx of food.  Or you could also say, just before most of the guests arrived, laden with food.








We had some lovely roasted vegetables, always popular.
Although, by the time I got to the table to sample some, they were gone.










There was Gumbo, with rice to go with it as well as hot sauce.
Just in case you like a little heat.  Which I do, and did.  Well, I added a few dashes of hot sauce.











And to continue with the theme, well, yummy food brought in pots.
There was this Portuguese clam/sausage stew.
I could have just drunk the broth, so flavourful.
It was served over a piece of toasted bread.







And the final big pot dish was this one.
Chicken Curry.  OMG, good.    I love Indian food to begin with, and curry, well, gee...












I made some crunch twisty breadsticks along with some softer breadsticks to dip into some Goat Cheese Dipping Sauce.
I'm still trying to come up with a name for this, but it was so good.  (I know I'm patting myself on the back, but I'll tell you all how to make it a little later on).





There were some cheese quesadillas, and my dog laying there waiting for someone to notice her and hopefully drop something...

BTW she really liked the crunchy twisty breadsticks.








There were Tortilla wraps, and I managed to snag one before they disappeared.
This is one of  those dishes I've never quite mastered, I'm never satisfied my interpretation.  So glad other people make it so I can eat it.








How about another overview of the table, before I continue.











 There was some lovely fruit that was brought and  and look at the pretty presentation.

There is just something about fresh fruit, that well, makes the other indulgences a little less, guilty feeling.









As well as veggies, well, a little less guilt inducing.

I didn't get a chance to sample these, but it looked good.    I love cauliflower anyways.







 Pasta Salad.  I don't need to tell you that I had to have some.

And see, I did get a shot of the Pineapple.   As well as a shot of these sandwiches.   The ones at the front were cucumber and cream cheese and the ones at the back were tuna.
Fried Rice, and I did sample a little.    Good.


 Here's another shot of the table, from a slightly different angle.



There was also some grilled smoked sausages.    I had to sample one, or two...








 There wasn't a lot left over last night.  
 We did have some brownies for dessert,

As well as apple pie.












I guess I need to go and face the unwashed wine glasses now.    I left them all to go and listen to some great music last night.

I was kinda hoping the glass fairy would come in and wash them for me, but she or he hasn't shown up yet so I have to do it.

And I'll be sharing some more recipes later on this week.  I have a great twist on some hummus, made a new to me spice blend which I find I really like, it's called Ras-el-hanout, I also made hot Goat Cheese dip for breadsticks, as well as some Pork Brochettes. 

I've got some writing ahead of me here....





















Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.