Thursday, February 19, 2015

Senior Lunch for Feb. 19...

We had our biggest crowd yet for lunch today.  

And I'm tired.

I made Hamburger Steak with Gravy, Macaroni and Cheese as well as the Desserts of Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes and Banana Bread. 
Doesn't that look good?  

I'm told it did taste good as well.   And I had some great volunteers in the kitchen again.  

Jon took over the cooking of the Green Beans and Geri made the Zucchini Sticks.  Both of which were very well received.   

I also made a few desserts along the way...

Some Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes and Banana Bread.    Just a little something sweet to end the meal with. 

We got the Zucchini, Green Beans and Rolls from Farmshare and they are much appreciated.    I love feeding good fresh food to people. 

Next week we're going south of the border with our menu.    I'm going to make some Chicken Fajitas, Rice and Beans.     And still trying to come up with a good dessert idea, but I'm thinking maybe some kind of pie? 

And the Zucchini Sticks...   Which people keep raving over, well they're simplicity themselves. 
Take a young (small) Zucchini, cut it into quarters, then drizzle a little olive oil over it, sprinkle with some Parmesan Cheese and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes, and serve with a little marinara sauce.
Simplicity itself, and so tasty.  
You don't have to do as many as we do, just a couple for dinner and you're good to go.


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.