Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Boat Club for May (and April)

Another month, another Boat Club...

You may have noticed I didn't post anything about a Boat Club gathering in April, mainly cause I wasn't even in town, but a good friend was in town and took pictures for me.

I was in town this month though...

So we attended the Boat Club Potluck last night. 

There was a light turnout, but still a lot of fun.

Since it was so hot yesterday, I didn't want to turn on the oven to cook anything so I just put together a nice big Caesar Salad with the Home Made Caesar dressing I told you about before.   I also added some sliced, cooked Chicken Breasts that I make by the panful and freeze for just such occasions such as this.
In other words, I didn't have to cook the chicken at all.

Without any more words, here are the dishes that were brought last night...

Pineapple with Santa standing guard over the toothpicks.
I have no idea how Kathleen manages to pick such wonderful pineapples each month, but she does.








We also had some carrots and celery and a dip for them.

 Peppers and Sausage, such a great combo


And some home made chips...










 Chicken Wings, and I wish I could get mine to taste like this.




Baked, stuffed Potato Skins, and with a dollop of the dip from the veggies, they tasted so good.

I mean bacon and cheese on a potato, life just gets better and better.







 I made a Caesar Salad and topped it with some sliced Chicken Breast and a nice sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.   (there was a little left over, and I'm having it for blunch today.)
 I don't know the name of this dish, but it had chicken in it, and was mind blowing good.  Nice and spicy.  
And then there was dessert   A lovely sweet Coca Cola Cake.

I'd never tried one before and it was good.











And in case you were wondering about last month's Boat Club, here are the dishes.


Pineapple...

And Santa's guarding the toothpicks.





Chips and Dip

















 Coleslaw
Meatballs in gravy










 Crawfish
 Chicken









Potato Salad









Cowboy Caviar
Roasted Vegetables









And for dessert, an assortment of tarts.
I think I missed a few good dishes last month, but at least I got to see pictures of them.


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.