Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tapas for May

I think I'm glad the month is over, it feels like it was such a busy, busy month.

We delayed Tapas by a week, cause last weekend was the Memorial Day weekend, and we were hoping to get our AC working correctly as well as getting our front porch screened in.

The AC is still not working, sigh...
The front porch is still not screened in...

So we moved Tapas from our place to the Senior Center where  I cook on Thursdays.    Their AC is working just fine.

As it so happened, last night was also the 40th birthday of the Senior Center so we combined the two.

We did Tapas at our usual hour and then celebrated the birthday with friends, and made some new friends as well. 

There was a great turnout for both events.

I was a little busy decorating the two cakes for the birthday celebration, so I didn't get the Tapas setup done as well as I wanted, but luckily for me one of my friends took over and did it.
I like having friends.

And then I got so busy greeting people that I forgot to take pictures of the food, and when I told people to please start eating, I was told they couldn't cause I hadn't taken any pictures yet.
Imagine that, no one would eat until I pulled my camera out and took pictures of the food.   Good thing I brought my camera.

Without further ado and no fanfare, here are the Tapas offerings for May.
And there were a lot of great dishes as well.
 Bean Salad, and as always I love looking at the great serving pieces people use.  I think I fell in love with this dish.  And the contents weren't bad either.
 Vegetable Medley, I love seeing what Kathleen comes up with on vegetable combinations.
 Deviled Eggs, which have got to be one of the most popular dishes people bring. 
 Green Salad, delicious, and again, look at the pretty serving bowl.
 Potstickers, which you may know I have a major weakness for.  I did after all win a contest with a potsticker recipe, recently.
 Mac and Cheese, another one of my faves.
 And who doesn't like Potato Salad?  Not me.
 Guacamole and chips.   Which I noticed disappeared fast.
 Kind of an overview of one of the tables full of food.  From the bottom left:  Chips, vegetables, pickles, nacho cheese dip, more chips, crackers and dip and in the middle, pineapple.
 There was also a great Brown rice salad, which was totally yummy.
 Cheese Pizza, cut into nice little squares so you could just grab and eat. 
 I made some some homemade crackers, some red pepper hummus and of course here is the Pineapple with the Santa toothpick holder. 
He seems to be multiplying.
 Some Chicken stuffed rolls, and by the time I got around to trying one, they were gone.
 Some whole wheat wraps.  I love these things.
 Yummy Fish dip.
 A locally grown watermelon, OMG good.
Don't tell anyone but I kept sneaking bites. 
 A Mediterranean Eggplant dish.  Which was very tasty.   Of course I love eggplant.
 I made some Honey Garlic chicken thighs and drums, but I won't be sharing the recipe.   Quite frankly, I didn't like it cooked in the crockpot.  And since it's my dish I can say it. However, I think I know a tweak or two I'd like to do to it, and then slather it on some wings....
I'm thinking here.
 A squash casserole, which went very fast.
 And if you were wondering about the cakes I decorated, here's one of them.  I got far enough away that it looked pretty decent. 

Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.