Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Boat Club Potluck for June

It was the final Boat Club for the summer months last night, sigh.

But as usual we had a lot of great food.    And as befitting a hot summer night there were salads and vegetables galore.

Some were even picked fresh out of the garden.

 A lovely ham, anointed with Tupelo Honey, ready to be carved.
 The Santa toothpick holder made his appearance along with the requisite pineapple.
 Fresh picked beans, flavoured with home grown Tarragon.   (I'm going to be stopping over later on to get a plant or two, I love Tarragon).
 Pasta Salad with lots of fresh vegetables in it.  
 Coleslaw dressed with Honey Mustard dressing, which made for a lovely change.  I think I need to try this myself.
Italian Flat Beans and Potatoes.   One of those Southern dishes I can embrace with both arms, or just an empty plate. 
 A Hash Brown Casserole, which had lots of spinach in it.
 A lovely marinated salad.  This was so good.

I think I see a theme going on here.
 This was a lovely dip and crackers.   I think I need the recipe.   And the platter is beautiful as well. 
 Pizza, which I didn't get a chance to sample as it was gone by the time I got to it. 
The ham after being sliced. 
 Baked Ziti, I do love my pasta
 This was  a chicken salsa spread, and it was yummy.















 I made a couple of mini Smorgastarta plates and had fun with them, I'll be sharing the how to's in a day or so.

This platter had egg salad and ham salad
This platter of mini-Smorgastarta had layers of egg salad and smoked salmon.  















And there was dessert, a totally yummilicious blackberry cake with Lemonade Frosting.
And that's it for this month, the Boat Club Potlucks will resume in the fall, and in the meantime, we'll still eat well here.  So many of like to cook and socialize with a full plate or a table full of great food.                



Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.