Friday, September 11, 2015

Retro - Iceburg Lettuce Wedge Salad

I haven't been cooking a lot of new dishes lately, been revisiting some of the same old same old.

You know how it goes.  There are meals you can make blindfolded and with one hand tied behind your back.  They're the tried and true, the fall back, don't know what else to make meals.

I've been doing a lot of them lately, but the other day I made us a London Broil with a Lettuce Wedge Salad.

Lettuce Wedge Salad
I had fun with the Lettuce Wedge Salad.   It's such a retro idea and yet so good.

Remember the old days when you'd go to a steakhouse and one of the salad/starter options was the 'Lettuce Wedge Salad'?   It was so exotic sounding.

But really, so darn easy to make and enjoy at home.

Cut a head of lettuce in half and then in half again.  Take the quarter head of lettuce and place on a plate.  
Pour a little ranch or blue cheese dressing over it, then top with some crumbled blue cheese, some bacon bits and a finely diced tomato.
Serve.

How simple is that?

But it sure tastes good. 




Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.