Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Frosting tips... And not for hair either.

I would like to share where I got this tip, but honestly I don't remember, I think it was on Facebook though.  

 All I know is this, I had to try it.

And managed to screw it up the first time I did it.

Cause I use the Press and Seal aka peel and stick wrap, and if you do this sticky side out, it sticks really well to the piping bag.

And it's not easy to get that out, cause it STICKS!!!! 

But if you use regular old cling wrap, or, umm, the peel and stick, turn the sticky side in, this works.

I love decorating cakes, just hate trying to get the frosting into the piping bag to begin with.
I've learned a few tricks over the years, but despite my best efforts, I still managed to wear my fair share of frosting.
And since I made a Chococcino Cake this past week, I got to try it out. 

However...

This has got to be the slickest ever trick.

Take a sheet of cling wrap, plop a big old spoonful of frosting in the middle, then fold the wrap over the frosting, pick up the ends of the wrap with the frosting in the middle, twirl it a couple of times and set aside while you get the piping bag ready.
Place whichever tip you like on it, then feed that little frosting bundle down through the piping bag, with one end of the closely twisted cling wrap going through the tip.
Cut off the tip of the plastic wrap, then proceed to pipe as you normally would.
When you're finished, pull out that little bag of used up frosting, and discard.
Voila!!!
All you need to do is clean the frosting tip.

And if you have any frosting left in the little baggie you made, you can squeeze it out onto that little side cake you made.
Best of all, clean up was the easiest I've ever had.

I think I need to go make a couple more cakes so I can practice frosting them using this new tip.

What do you think? 


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.