Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Boat Club for November

I got a little busy yesterday, did a road trip and didn't get back til late and I was tired so I didn't post about the Boat Club Potluck for November.

We had fun, and great food and lots of lively conversations. 

In other words, same old, same old.

Well, the food wasn't same old.  There was a large variety of dishes made, brought and shared. 

For starters, I'm going to share a shot of one of the desserts.  Totally apt for a November potluck.

Are those not the cutest little things?  I thought they were.









And here are the rest of the offerings...

This gorgeous salad.  I love those salad forks.











I love a three bean salad.  Anytime, anywhere. 











I made some Litl' Smokies in a sauce, which didn't turn out the way I envisioned it, I'll share about that later on.









 There was also Fried Chicken. 

And more Fried Chicken and Pork Chops.


We are in the south and fried Chicken and Pork Chops are a staple.

I finally found out how Quinn makes them so delicious.   And I'm going to try it.
I make a decent fried chicken, but it's not as good as his.
I'll share it at a a later date.
There was some Chile which was very good. 

I love the bowl it was served in.   Some of the older Pyrex is so pretty.








There were some more Litl' Smokies and meatballs in a BBQ sauce.

Very good as well.








 A cheese ball, which I forgot to taste.   But it looked so pretty, I love the dish it was presented on. 
Some fresh salsa.  Again, so fresh and pretty .












 I know it doesn't look like much, but this was so good.  Onions in a cheese sauce.   Really tasty, and I'm an big time onion fan.  I need this recipe.
Hint?









We had a pizza as well.  I managed to snag a piece before it was all gone.











There was also this casserole, which was yummy.
















 I had a little bit of everything. 










I did say that there were desserts didn't I?
A date pudding which tasted so good, with a little whipped cream on top.











And there was also this Bourbon Cake, which I've had before and really liked.













 I'm leaving you with a shot of the Turkeys again, I just loved  them, and I'm told they tasted really good as well.  I didn't taste them, I admit it, but I'm fond of Oreo's unless they're crushed up and make into my SIL's Oreo Pie.
Well, that's it for Boat Club this month,  Here's my plate with a little bit of everything on it. 


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.