Friday, November 13, 2015

My cookbook adventure

Awhile ago a friend suggested to me that I put together a cookbook.  I have to admit to thinking "Gee, what could I possibly come up with, theme wise that is.
So I stuck the idea on a back burner, kept the heat on, stirring it from time to time.  And every so often, taking it off the heat, letting it cool down, then putting it back on to simmer some more.   Not being too sure just what kind of dish or cook book I could make.
I had all kinds of ideas, and then put them aside. 
Took some more ideas out of cold storage, heated them up, let them cool down to see if they would hold their shape and interest, and then put them back into cold storage again.
Thought about advice I'd been given to follow my passion, and then it hit me.
Not too hard, and it sure wasn't getting twenty lashes with a wet noodle either. 
I could write a cookbook about various appetizers. 
We do host a monthly Tapas Night, and I love coming up with appetizer type dishes.   In fact when we go out to eat, I've been known to make a meal out of the appetizer menu.
So...
I'm officially on record here.  My cookbook's working title, and it may be the end title as well, but for now, I'm calling it "Tapas Time." 
I'm going to look at which of my recipes have gotten the most views, the most feedback and which ones I just plain like. 
And...
I'll be doing a step by step process, photographically that is, cause I'm one of those people who likes to know that it really is supposed to 'look like that' at any given point in a recipe.

If you're a regular reader or even if you've stumbled across my blog somewhere along the line and have a suggestion as to which recipes you'd like to see, please feel free to let me know. 

And now to go back to the drawing board or in my case my catalog of recipes.  

I've got over 600 posts to choose from you know.


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.