Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Boat Club for January

The first Boat Club gathering of this year was overwhelming, almost, but not quite, in the amount of dishes that were brought and shared.
Honestly, I couldn't taste everything, but I tried.    And everything I tasted was very good. 

I get blown away every month by the sheer skill of the cooks and variety of the food brought.    Let me share...

And please note, if I missed any dishes, I'm sorry, please forgive me.   And I do try to take clear pictures, but don't always succeed...

We had... 
Appetizers, 

 Deviled Eggs, one of those dishes that always gets eaten. 
 Pimento Cheese.  A southern kind of thing, and something I need to learn how to make.  
 Egg rolls.  Cute aren't they?  and in the background, some cashews. 
 Smoked salmon with a little sour cream on top, served on little potato crisps.  (alright so they're known as potato chips).     What a cool idea. 
Can't miss with little chicken nuggets dipped in a buffalo sauce.












Side Dishes and Salads


This incredible salad.  Very tasty. 
 I made a Chinese Chicken Salad, the recipe for which I will share later on. 
 A pasta cheese bake.  And you know me, I saw Pasta! and had to try it.  And it was worth it.
 This was a very interesting dish.  A selection of vegetables in a curry sauce.  I have no idea who brought it, but OMG, was it good.   Of course I love curry, so I was sucker for this one.










This is how they make green beans in the south.  Lots of ham, potatoes and flavour.    I have to say, if I had known you could dress up vegetables with ham, I think I would have eaten more veggies growing up. Just kidding.  But really, it does dress up a plain vegetable. 

 Look at this gorgeous salad.   And it was good.  Salads are a good thing. 











Breads

I made a loaf of my No-Knead bread.  Which I practice making at least 3 times a week.  
 Corn bread, which by the way goes very well with the green bean dish.   Just saying.
I believe this is what is known as spoon bread, but I didn't get a chance to try it.  Again, this would go very well with the Green bean dish. 










to entree's,
 Look at this.  There was a whole big dish of Quail.   I mean how often do you see that at a potluck?   And you know I snagged one.   It's been a long time since I've had quail.   
BBQ chicken wings, and they were good as well. 















And finally, Dessert.  


A lovely pumpkin pie.   And there was whipped topping to go on top. 












All I can say is this, a person needs to go into training to attend one of our events.


Just kidding.  
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.