Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tapas for January

Another month, another Tapas Night.  
I had to laugh last night, as I was frantically elbowing people out of the way so I could take pictures, (just kidding on that one), one of my guests said "Oh good, hurry up and take a picture so we can eat".  As I said, I had to laugh, but then I started to wonder, if people were being polite and waiting for me to document their contribution before digging in.   And I so hope not, the whole point of Tapas Night is to get together and enjoy each others company.   

Which I did, I ended up visiting with so many people, and having so many interesting conversations, I barely got to taste a lot of the food.  

So I had to enjoy, in retrospect, with my eyes only.  sigh...

The first few are my things, I kinda got, oh, somewhat carried away this month...

 Pine Nut and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, one of my contributions, the recipe will be posted, soon.
 No-Knead bread, I think it is official, I'm addicted to this stuff
 Bacon wrapped Water Chestnuts with Sweet n' Sour Barbeque Sauce,  the recipe will get posted, soon.
 Brie Log and Pear Apple slices, I visited Trader Joe's the other day and kinda, sorta got carried away.
 Tri Tip from Trader Joe's with an awesome Horseradish Sauce, which I will share at a later date.
 Tomato Florentine Soup, killer soup.  I've had this one in the past.
 A nice assortment of nuts...
 Quiche, which by the time I got back to the table, was gone. But I heard it was good.
 Fruit topped Tart, I did manage to snag a taste and it was yummy. 
 I didn't taste these, but they looked good.  I think they were a veggie patty.
 Spinach Maria, and if you've never had this before, OMG, I have the recipe here for it. 
 I didn't get to taste this, but it looked so pretty and judging from the empty dish at the end of the night it was good. 
 Chocolate Lasagna.   I managed to get a small piece cut and set aside for me for later, but it disappeared.  Reports are it was deadly good.  Rich and yummy.
 Garam Masala Chickpeas, very tasty and different.

 In the front, cheese and crackers and in the back a nice spicy dip with chips. 
 I believe this was an Artichoke Spinach dip, I didn't get a chance to taste it however,  In the back there is a Pimento cheese spread and crackers.
 This is the table with some of the various offerings.
 Carrot sticks and dip, perfection.
 Pimento Cheese and crackers
 Mine Spinach Quiches, I was told they were good.  
 Pretzels and dip
 Salad, it looked lovely.
 Killer Beans, actually curried beans and very good.  I snuck some out and put it in the fridge for later. 
 Salmon Croquettes, I noticed they disappeared fast.
 Fish Dips, something I'd never had til I moved to this area, but now love. 
And last but not least, a nice twist on pigs in a blanket, with a lovely mustard sauce on top.


But best of all, really, the guests.  I enjoy them every month and look forward to seeing them and talking with them.  
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.