Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Chopped" for Tapas + Spring Roll Dipping Sauce

I don't  watch a lot of network TV, most of my TV viewing is Netflix, but there is one network I do like to watch, and guess which one it is?

Yup, Food Network.

You guessed, didn't you?

My favorite show on there is Chopped, and in fact I even sent in an application to appear on it, of course I never heard back from them, but that's OK.

I can play Chopped, all by myself.

And compete with various dishes, some of which are hits and some, well, not so much.

With Tapas coming up last week, I was wracking my brain trying to come up with some ideas.  And after a couple of things fell on my head in my pantry, (it's getting a little crowded in there), I thought I would go ahead and make something for Tapas from my pantry.

I  had some rice paper and bean thread noodles, and gee, there's carrots and cabbage in my fridge so I  made some Spring Rolls.   And I came up with a killer dipping sauce for it.  A little twist on the regular kind, and I noticed people were spooning it up.  And I was asked for the recipe, so I'll share.

I mean this is a food blog and shouldn't I have at least one recipe per blog post?  
Spring Rolls

Spring roll dipping sauce
   I'm going to try it with some pork and some wontons and some egg rolls and, of course more Spring Rolls.  I also had a Brie Cheese in the fridge, so I pulled some Puff Pastry out of the freezer and made a Brie en Croute.  And gee, guess what, I even had some fig preserves in the pantry so I used them. 

I had a game plan and I did it, along with a couple of other things, I usually have cold cuts in the fridge and that along with some No-Knead bread always goes over well.  
No knead bread with cold cuts
So there you have it, my version of Chopped.  And even though I didn't make it to the Dessert round, I still scored.   I'll just have to use that jar of Speculoos another time.    Or can I use the Brie en Croute for the dessert, hmmm.  That would be very European of me.

And gee, I am Danish after all....


Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls

Yield: 8 servings as dipping sauce
Author:
This comes together in minutes and tastes fabulous. Serve with some Spring Rolls or Egg Rolls.

ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Sweet Chile Sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Marmalade
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy Ginger salad dressing (the fat free one)
  • 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seed Oil

instructions:

How to cook Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls

  1. Equal amounts of Sweet Chile Sauce,  Marmalade, Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy Ginger Dressing and some Toasted Sesame Seed Oil. Whisked it together and YUM!!!
Created using The Recipes Generator
Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.