Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tapas Night for March

Tapas Night report for March: 

Really I couldn't think of a good way to start this post.  As usual we had a houseful of guests and wonderful conversations and incredible food.   Although I did get caught up in a couple of conversations and fell down on the job of getting photos of a couple of the offerings.  I just realized that this morning when I downloaded the pictures.

So in advance, let me tell you that one of our guests brought an incredibly tasty venison stew, and I didn't get a picture, grrrr   And there was also a pie I missed, and some ambrosia apple salad, and I hope that is all I missed getting shots of.

But...

Here are the dishes that I did get a shot of, and also barely got a taste of, cause they disappeared so fast. 

We do have a lot of talented cooks here. 

We do.

 And they make fun and tasty dishes as well. 



Beef and Chicken Empanadas.   I didn't get a chance to taste these, as they were gone by the time I got there. 
 I made a loaf of my No-Knead bread and put out a plate of cold cuts. 
 Then there were the Guava Empanadas.  I did manage a taste of them, there was a single, solitary Empanada left and I got it. 
 Savoury Rollups served with salsa.   Again, a popular dish.
 Here's a fun way to serve pineapple and canned pears.   And they are tasty.  I would never, ever have dreamed of pairing up cheese and canned pears, but it is quite common in the south. 
 Who doesn't love stuffed pretzel bites.  I know I do. 
 Veggie Pizza and I got the recipe.  Which I will share with you, later on.  This was really delicious. 
 Squash casserole, and again was told it was really good, but I didn't get to taste it.  It was gone by the time I got to it.

 Overview of the table, clockwise.  From the lower left, Chicken and Beef Empanadas, Smoked Salmon with Leek Pancakes and Buckwheat Blini served with capers, Creme Fraiche and minced red onion.  The Guava Empanadas, Rollups, Squash Casserole, Veggie Pizza, and bread with cold cuts.  

I made the Leek Pancakes as well as the Buckwheat Blini and will post that recipe later on.
 Stuffed Jalapeno's.   And they were HOT!!!!!  So good, I managed to get one.  And when I went back for a second one they'd disappeared. 
 Dim Sum, Pearly meatballs and I don't remember the name of the other stuff peppers, but so good, and I am getting the recipe for the dipping sauce.  I do love a good dipping sauce.  It can make a dish go from good to WOW.  

 Flat Bread pizza with goat cheese and various toppings,  very tasty.  











And then there were the desserts... by the time I'd made my rounds and tasted stuff, I only got tastes of a couple of things. 
  Oatmeal cake, with Coconut topping.  Very Nice.
 An Apple Caramel Cake, and YUM.  I really have to think of new descriptions, but for now YUM, will have to stay.
 In the front some grapes and in the back a luscious coconut cake. 
 I believe these were brownie squares.  All I know is they disappeared before I got to them.
Cheesecake slices.  Nuf said.  












And as I said before, I missed getting a shot of the Venison Stew, the Apple Ambrosia salad and another chocolate pie. 

I'm sorry about that, but I do reserve the right to enjoy my own parties and not be a total bore with my camera taking pictures. 


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.