Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tapas Night for February

One of the things I love about Tapas Nights is that not only do I get to cook, lots of fun stuff, I get to, sometimes, enjoy what others bring.

Let me explain...

I get so caught up in visiting that, while I may get to take pictures of the food, sometimes that's as close as I get to it, cause I'm too busy visiting. 

But I do appreciate all the various dishes that are brought...

 We had some vegetarian dishes.

These beans looked so good.     And they also disappeared, rapidly. 

 I did make some sauteed Bok Choy in honor of Chinese New Years.

Consuming green vegetables is considered lucky.


I also made some Vegetarian Potstickers, and they disappeared in short order.




There were also these Thai Eggplant's, and they were OMG good.  The sauce is one I need to get the recipe for.  
HINT!
There was a quiche, which I managed to get a shot of, but it was gone fast.

We had a hungry buncha people here last night.












There was also this pea salad, so simple and so good.  
I wish I'd gotten a better shot of these.
Bacon Wrapped Duck Breast along with some BBQ Pork bites.

I did get to taste one of the Duck Bites.

I do love duck...

Maybe I should make one, one of these days.








Sorry for the blurry picture, but I didn't get a back up shot, so this is it.
An interesting dish.   I did get to taste a small smear of it.
It was another of those offerings that disappeared rapidly.













As did this, pile of sliders.   And you can see some of the other dishes around the table here as well.









There was also a taco dip, which is always a popular item.












I also made some Seeded Crackers along with this awesome Buffalo Ranch Dip  


I think it would be great with some Potato Chips for a take along, last minute dish. 

So many possibilities...
I do love a versatile dip.






 I also made a Baked Brie with some Red Current Jelly and Candied Nuts.

Too sinfully rich and good.


I think I'll need to do this again.  But next time, I don't think I'll bake it quite that long cause the Brie tried to escape.


You can see it there, oozing out, trying to get off of the plate.

It didn't work though, it was all eaten.

And in the background some mushrooms I'd made up, so simple and good.  


I have to say, I LOVE Mushrooms.   And the local store had some Crimini mushrooms on sale, so I had to buy them.
And I'll share how I made them in another post.  








Now, let see what else was brought and shared...

Lots and lots of Desserts...









As you can see we had a lot of great food, wonderful companionship and best of all, Fun.  


Sidsel Munkholm - Author
Sidsel Munkholm - Author

Sid loves to cook, feed people and have fun in the kitchen. She shares her successes and the involuntary offerings she sometimes gives the kitchen goddess as well. And she's still looking for the mythical fairy to help her clean the kitchen after a marathon cooking session. Currently working on a cookbook showcasing the recipes from her Danish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to drop me a note, let me know if you like something I made, it makes my day.